Saturday, February 9, 2019

Pun style

With whatsapp becoming popular and people are keen on typing on the words instead of speaking, the art of pun or the quick joke has become the order of the day. Take for example. Somebody sent a picture of pope in the stadium in Dubai
My comment was that it shows he was Popeular (popular).

If you know multiple languages then all the more you can adjust the words to make it a Fun pun.

Eg. Someone went to Canada and said it was Kashtam (difficult in Tamil ) adjusting there. My take was it may be Kashtam initially, but you will get Accustomed (akashtomed) soon. You get it.

Then we had a famous singer Neyveli Santhanam and he gave me a few of the gems. At one place a lady told him she will make upma with Kaaya (vegetables in Tamil). As it will take time, he said but ensure that "En vaitha kaaya podadengo" (Don;t starve me in tamil). The word Kaaya has two meanings. It is vegetables as well as it also means leaving it to dry i.e the stomach should not be left out to dry. The nuances are more enjoyed in tamil.

Same is the word Kathi (in tamil it means knife as well as loud sound). Thus if some one brings a knife (kathi) with fruits and says I have kept a kathi with fruits, the response will be Kathi (loud) sola vendam, I can see it.

I will add more to this as and when I get some.There is one on twitter on naan being veg or non(naan veg) and others including Sashi tharoor pitching in.

How strong are your Pundamentals
Lightning shocks people - as it does not know how to conduct itself

Accidentally swallowed food coloring, but Dr. said Ok, but I fee, I have dyed a little inside

Two peanuts were walking in a tough neighborhood and one of them was a-salted.

No comments:

Post a Comment